Saturday, March 2, 2013

a time to witness

last night, i went to get a shape-up before heading out to the Friday encountering God service. i was ready to go until the barber said something to me and Holy Spirit said, 'monique, do not leave. i need you to explain to him, Who I AM, who you are, why I need him to receive the love I am offering to him'.  i listened.  i prayed.  i responded.  i listened.  i prayed. i responded. my cousin texted me and she said that i can be late to prayer because there was missionary work to do.  i shared everything God placed on my heart.  i felt honored that God used me and i repented for any other time where God provided an opportunity and i ignored it.

have you ever been tempted to run to worship God when God was giving you an opportunity to witness?

2 Peter 3.9 The Lord is not slack concerning [His] promise, as some count slackness, but is long suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

i told my childhood friend today, i do not just pray for salvation of friends, family, strangers and colleagues. i want them to have an intimate relationship with God, to worship God in spirit and in truth, to trust God with all their heart, mind and soul, to be a hearer and doer of the Word, etc

God, You do not want anyone to perish.  You want all the sheep to enter Your fold.  God keep me aware when You want me to witness and speak through me so I can speak from Your heart and Your word and not from my own desires. in Jesus' name, amen

No comments:

Post a Comment