Tuesday, March 30, 2010

what did Lent mean to you?

sabbath rest was pumped up by God after creation occurred. i try to get rest every day when i get home from work. i cool down before i consider what needs to be done before i turn in. on Friday's after work, i rest for 3 hours before going to Friday night prayer at church. on Sunday's, after church, i rest for the entire afternoon/evening. a few months ago, i resorted to the behavior my grandmother instilled in me as a toddler, cook on Saturday's and heat up the food when you get home on Sunday after church.

during this Lenten season, i have really been more reflective of my time. time with God. time with work. time in rest. time with self. time with ministry. time with everything else. i learned several things about myself:
it is better to do bible study and prayer at home. there is no intimacy with God, especially when you forget where you are, on new york city subway system.
i love going to bed at 930pm. my body appreciates it also.
i can exercise and do bible study before work.
i can exercise and journal when i get home.
whole grains, whole wheat, are an acquired taste that adds health and life to your body.
praying 3 times a day, like Daniel did, is just as important as praying without ceasing.
when i feel tired or not so tired, it is okay to ask people to pray for and with me.
when i am angry with some one, i need to tell them and i need to apologize if i yell to loudly, on text or in their ears.
obedience to God is better than not obeying God.
God's ways are not my ways and God's thoughts are not my thoughts.

In Psalm 23:1-2, the amplified version reads as follows:
1. THE LORD is my Shepherd (to feed, guide, and shield me), I shall not lack. 2. He make me lie down in (fresh, tender) green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters (Rev 7:17).

God, we are grateful for this Holy Week. God we are grateful for the fast from people, places and things that we have endured during this Lenten season. God we are grateful for the time that we have spent with You each day in prayer, in worship, in bible study, and in Your presence. God even as Resurrection Sunday approaches and Pentecost looms near, we pray that we would continue to seek Your face, Your Word, Your will, and Your presence. Abba, You are our Shepherd. in Jesus' name, we thank You that You continue to perfect those things which concern us, amen.

what behaviors did i practice or abstain from during this Lenten season that i can practice or abstain from for life?

No comments:

Post a Comment