Friday, June 4, 2010

God, I need 5 more minutes


I usually go to bed between 9pm and 10pm. I tell myself that there is nothing on television that my VCR cannot tape or that I cannot view online. My body actually rejoices when I do achieve that goal because I am a morning person. I would rather do PBS (personal bible study), pray and exercise before work, before 545am than have to exercise beyond an hour when I return from work. Nevertheless, God always wakes me up early to talk so I might as well go to bed early right. Can you imagine telling God, "I need five more minutes." So be good to your body and give it the 8 hours of sleep that it craves each night. You and your body will appreciate it.
the Psalmist says...
Psalm 132:14 This [is] my rest for ever: here will I dwell; for I have desired it.
Abba, please help me appreciate the temple that You have given me. God I want to get 8 hours of sleep a night. God please help me realize how much rest my body actually needs at night. God wrap me under the shadow of Your wings each night. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment